Packaging the FAQ Guide (was #ubuntu-doc report for 2004-01-06)

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Jan 15 10:50:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 06:25:19PM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:

> > HTML is the simplest answer for covering all desktops.
> This makes me think that we should rather remove the window frame from screen
> capts. It does not look the best, but the picture information still serves
> the same purposes. This will give a greater level of indirection to our
> screen capts across desktops. A nice side-effect will be a very, very small
> reduction in file size.

I like the idea of shipping HTML to allow any program to view the docs,
however I don't like the idea of removing the window frames: the window
and the decorations are visually recognized as a single object, and
since Ubuntu does have a default desktop appearence, there is no point
in making screnshots more difficult to identify.

If someone then has enough clues to be able to change its default
desktop in Ubuntu, they are probably already used in not minding the
frame difference anyway. :)

Ciao,

Enrico

--