[proposal] Split User Guide (was: The "It's Just a Desktop Distro" Problem)

Robert Brimhall rbrimhall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 14:05:40 UTC 2005

I've been using Linux for a few years now. Started on Red Hat 8.0.
Move to RH 9 when it came out and stuck with that until Fedora Core 1
and 2. I then moved to Slackware 9.1 and 10.0 which is what I was
using exclusively until I saw Ubuntu Preview on OS news. I'm a big fan
of GNOME (one of the reasons I started using Linux) and Ubuntu is the
perfect fit for GNOME lovers. I wouldn't call myself a technical user
by any means. I'm a social scientist that just happens to love using
Linux. I used Linux exclusively through graduate school for my various
projects (except for GIS mapping) and I do know my way around to some
degree. I would love to contribute back to Ubuntu and will begin going
over the docs you recommended. Thanks for the warm welcome!

--
Robert