Documenting the Documentation Project

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Jan 1 09:47:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 06:36:14PM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:

> To get work into the Docbook documents I suggest we:
> - publish the *plans*
> - split the work amongst us
> - commit often
> - track issues in bugzilla from the onset

Makes sense to me.

About publishing the plans:

 - For the Quick Guide, I'm going to do it ASAP, pulling together info
   from the Hoary Documentation Goals BOF report, from my memories of it
   and from my memories of further discussion (Bug 5075)
 - For the About Ubuntu page, I've tried to reach plovs but he didn't
   reply yet, which is perfectly normal during vacations time :)
 - For the User's Guide, I've asked John to write down something and he
   said he'll do it ASAP (Bug 5076)

The rest will come after the plans are published.

There's also another important item IMHO which is checking what precise
deadlines we have for Hoary.  There's been discussion in IRC about it
(see #ubuntu-doc report for 2004-12-29), but I haven't seen anything
clear come out of it, and it sounds like quite an important issue.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>