Quick Note on Spelling, Grammar and Style

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Mon Feb 21 06:22:26 UTC 2005

Just so that we don't keep changing each others spelling, grammar and style,
here are some general guidelines.

US Spelling not UK (or common wealth derivative) Use Merriam Websters as the
dictionary http://www.m-w.com/. In instances where there is a main entry and
a variant, the main entry takes precedence.

We are loose on the grammar bit. But in general try to use simple sentences
and simple words. I was considering whether or not using "Simplified English"
would be a good idea or not. I know it will help the translators, but the
writers may find SE all too much.

Chicago/Turabian style. So follow guidelines of the Chicago Manual of Style
http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/cmosfaq.html.

Have a great day.

--
Sean Wheller