new member

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Tue Feb 15 05:29:31 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 07:00, Liz wrote:
> ive gone through the Documentation area and getting involved parts of
> the wiki. I know i have DocBook installed as a plugin on Abiword. Ive
> been using ubuntu since it was released and would like to help in anyway
> i can with documentation.
>
> I have done instruction manuals for applications in windows as part of
> class projects, but never one on any open source project or one as large
> as this one. (its large to me).
>
> i just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the team.
>
> btw, my name is Liz. been a member of linuxchix sydney for a year or so
> now, been running variations of linux for the last 3-4 years. Im not a
> programmer, tho i pick up stuff here and there. been on the slug mailing
> list for a couple of years. not heavily into commandline things, but do
> them if and when i have to. (hence why some good howto guides would be
> great to have around)

At Last! some linuxchix!! We can do with a few more of them here :-)

Welcome Liz,

Best place to start is the Quick Guide. There is loads to do there even though
the sections are small.

Dunno much about how Abiword manages opening existing Docbook XML Documents
and saving them. I know that it was good for exporting articles. Anyway if
you have problems let me know and I will gladly help.

Again, welcome.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author