Packaging the documentation

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Feb 14 22:17:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 09:00:06AM +1100, George Deka wrote:

> >  - Only HTML is packaged: we miss the .xml files for yelp
> >  - No scrollkeeper registration yet
> >  - The "images" directory is replicated in the faqguide and the
> >    quickguide packages, making them use some 7Mb each.
> What if we packaged the images seperatley into a deb, then had a
> dependency on the other debs for the images deb.
> That should save 14Mb apx.

Not a bad idea, however it's been solved even more efficiently (see the
other message I posted): we're going to split the images depending on
what's the document that uses them.  The images used by more than one
document will be in the ubuntu-docs package, and all the others will
depend on it.

It's been a busy afternoon solving all those things, but I'm quite
satisfied so far.  Sure, there's always space for improvements (and if
someone wants to write some OMF files to describe our documentation to
scrollkeeper, I'll be very happy).

Ciao,

Enrico

--