Some feedback

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Feb 12 10:36:48 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 09:16:06AM +1100, Mary Gardiner wrote:

> Just some feedback on the DocTeam's web presence, based on my
> experiences surfing around today:
>
>  1. There doesn't seem to be a wiki page talking about the review
>     process, except for
>     http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocumentationTeamOld, which is old!
>     (I'm interested in giving feedback on existing docs but I have no
>     idea who is meant to do reviews!)

Ehi, that's true, and that is a big thing we are missing.
Thanks a lot for reporting it!

I tried to address the problem:

 - I made an effort to greatly simplify DocteamGettingStarted
 - I added an entry to the FAQ about reviewing
 - I started DocteamStepByStepReviewing

Could you please check again if reviewing is now covered clearly enough,
and if maybe the information is there but it's too hidden?

Also, DocteamStepByStepReviewing could use some contribution from some
experienced reviewer, which unfortunately I am not.

>  2.  It's difficult to tell from Bugzilla which tasks are actually in need
>      of a helper, because they all get assigned to someone automatically
>      by Bugzilla. Perhaps the people assigned to them should change
>      their status to ASSIGNED (instead of NEW) if they've accepted the
>      task, and that way we know that bugs still marked NEW are in need
>      of a helper!

I went through the list, closed a couple of bugs that needed closing and
accepted what I could accept: what is now marked NEW and assigned to me,
it's really in need of a helper.

However, I have no ideas on how to make it more clear, as looking at the
bug list makes it look like I'm taking care of everything and I don't
need any help.

Ciao,

Enrico

--