Lighten a bit the docteam procedures?

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sat Feb 12 09:28:30 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 11:01, Enrico Zini wrote:
> While reading through the DocumentationTeam pages, I notice that the
> procedures we advertise put working with docbook as the most important
> part, leaving other ways of contributing as a kind of second-class,
> poor-man things.
>
> I propose we change that by saying that one can contribute by just
> posting to the list, where we can take care of integrating what's posted
> into the DocBook documents in the repository.  Of course, once someone
> gets the hang of it and feels like, they can start having a look at the
> DocBook itself, post patches, get commit access.
>
> This would greatly lower the barriers for newcomers.  I'm changing
> DocteamGettingStarted to reflect that, if you don't like let me know and
> I'll revert the page.

Hi Enrico,

By all means change it. However, there may be another way by using Open Office
and OOo2db.

OOo2DBK is an OpenOffice.org document to DocBook XML converter. It can produce
both DocBook article and DocBook book documents.

If people can write documents against the OOo2db template, either side can
easily convert their OOo to DB. There may be some cleanup, but the general
markup effort will be reduced.

Get latest ooo2dbk snapshot from Nuxeo CVS (select "Download tarball")
http://cvs.nuxeo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Indesko/ooo2dbk/

Hope that helps.

--
Sean Wheller