#ubuntu-doc report 2005-02-09

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Feb 10 00:04:52 UTC 2005

#ubuntu-doc report 2005-02-09

Welcome to a new issue of the #ubuntu-doc report.  The channel has been
very silent lately, and there's been very little to report about it.

The inactivity of the IRC channel does not need that the documentation
team is inactive, although it could need some help :)

This is what happened very recently:

* Repository migrated to Canonical's server farm

As announced in [1], the subversion repository has been finally migrated
to Canonical's server farm.  This is having various benefits, including
the very nice new feature of having a mailing lists with commit
reports[2].

* The Quick Guide is growing

If you were tracking the status report in [3], you might have been
depressed by the advancement of the Quick Guide; however, that was a bug
in how I did generate the page.  Now the bug is fixed, and the new page
shows quite some progress.

Join the team!  The Quick Guide is a really cool opportunity we have to
show people around the beauty of Ubuntu and Gnome.

It's like sitting with lots of passion next to someone, pointing them at
the nice things they can do and showing them cool tricks.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2005-February/001152.html
[2] http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2005-February/001155.html