Moving UDU bofs

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 19:10:36 UTC 2005

On 12/23/05, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 11:31 +0000, Matthew East wrote:
> > >
> > > Many page moves will break links in mailing list archives, forum posts,
> > > developer Weblogs, and so on, so the older the page is the better the
> > > reason you need before moving it.
> > >
> > > Several of the topics discussed at Ubuntu Down Under were revived and
> > > turned into specs at Ubuntu Below Zero, and the same probably will
> > > happen at future conferences. So I don't think putting UDU BoFs under
> > > UbuntuDownUnder/ makes sense.
> >
> > Sadly, although it would be nice really to have *all* the specs under a
> > subpage, I think Matt is right, we can't do this.
>
> Oh, only just seen that you did it already :)
>
> Why are some specs at UbuntuDownUnder, and others at UbuntuDownBelow? Is
> there a difference?

That was my tired mind

As for breaking links, yes it sucks be we are past that development
cycle. I am not moving any current Dapper specs until at least Dapper
is out the door and we have flooded the wiki with Dapper+1 specs. Thus
I consider the cost of breaking links worth it, due to the potentional
benefit of having that namespace available for documentation.

Corey