Breezy FAQ guide - RealPlayer 10

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:55:21 UTC 2005

> I'm writing here after a mail sent to me from a user. He was trying to
> install RealPlayer10 following the FAQ guide, I'm one of the Italian
> translators of the guide that's why he wrote me.
> Following the steps he ran in an error:
> "/RealPlayer10GOLD.bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++.so.5:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory",
> the need of libstdc5++.
> What he asked me, and what I'm asking you, is if it's possible to insert
> inside the FAQ this problem and the solution for it.

the solution is to install  libstdc++5  using apt-get or synaptic.

I wonder why Ubuntu is stuck at the exact same version of RealPlayer8
since Warty.   It would be nice if RealPLayer10 was in multiverse, and
could install that libstdc5++. package automatically instead of users
getting the package from www.real.com directly, then having to figure
put that extra dependency.

--
Daniel Robitaille