Couple of ideas for increasing participation

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 00:52:13 UTC 2005

On 12/18/05, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Andreas Brunner (littlepaul) brought a couple of interesting ideas to
> encourage more participation in docteam work. Let's see what people
> think, I think they are both pretty good.
>
> 1. Ubuntu-doc-school
>
> Drawing on the recent motu-school idea, we could arrange a similar
> scheme. It would involve a brief presentation on irc introducing the
> team, what we do, our working methodology etc, anything to help people
> get involved. We could also take the opportunity of tidying up/improving
> the wiki pages dealing with this.

While this is a good idea, I personally don't feel there are enough
"meat and potato's" topics to discuss that warrant something on the
scale of what the MOTU crew are doing. It may still be worth doing, I
just don't know how many formal discussion topics there could be. The
MOTU's have a LOT (relatively) to talk about compared to us. But none
the less, its still a good idea and worth trying (possibly on a
smaller scale (i don't know what that is yet)).

> 2. Newsletter
>
> Newsletters are fashionable (motu, desktop team etc) and we could
> produce something once a month or every now and again in which we
> introduce new features, and what is going on in the doc world.

Absolutely, +1

Matt G

--
Matt T. Galvin