meeting for desktop guide?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 10 12:33:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 18:46 -0800, Brian Burger wrote:
> On 12/9/05, Og Maciel <og.maciel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I've been doing some massive (unofficial) translations of the desktop guide
> > for the Ubuntu Brazilian community
>
> There is an official translation effort - I don't know the details but
> I'm sure someone can fill you in!

Yes, we will announce translation efforts towards the end of the release
cycle. The documents will be translated in rosetta. It's probably not a
very good idea to translate the document right now, because it is in
such an early stage. When the time comes, we'll announce translation on
this and all other ubuntu mailing lists I can think of ;)

> As for timing: this weekend & next week I'm already booked solid, days
> (working, mostly) and evenings too.
>
> Next Sunday - the 18th - might work for me. I'm at -8 Zulu, so times
> after about 1500Z are best - preferably after about 1700Z or 1800Z on
> a weekend! (1700Z = 0900 local for me)

Dunno what Zulu is, but Sunday sounds fine, assuming its 0900 or later
in the morning for you, then it will be a decent time for me.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com