Domain name for Linode Server

Matthew East matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Tue Aug 30 08:58:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 09:35 +0100, Jane Silber wrote:
> >That's not a bad idea. We can also put up a Mediawiki, and install
> >PHP; we can do pretty much anything with it.
> >

> Er, if you want a wiki, how about https://wiki.ubuntu.com?  Why in the
> world do we need two?

+1, IMHO we don't need another wiki. Also, the thing with wordpress is a
nice idea, but again in my opinion it is an unnecessary toy: people
hardly have enough time to work on the docs, let alone play around with
such things...

> If you want to communicate via  blogs, why not aggregate yours at
> https://planet.ubuntu.com? (or is the issue that people don't have their
> own blogs to begin with?)

Even if that is the issue, blogs are freely available :) We don't need
to serve them ourselves...

> As for the look of the front page, rather than repeating what is on the
> wiki, I think it should be something akin to
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/
>
> I know our docs on this server are not "final", but this is the best
> place for people to read them at the moment.  I would suggest an intro
> paragraph stating what this collection is for (and a warning that they
> are works in progress), links to the appropriate wiki page about getting
> involved (rather than repeating info form the wiki and having to
> maintain both), and then direct links to each of the major pieces of
> documentation.

I agree. I have uploaded jeff's html file for now, and will make the
necessary changes as soon as I have time.

> >We need to have a team discussion about how we will use the linode. We
> >also need to consider switching to baz from svn. I suggest we put
> >these things off until after breezy release, and concentrate getting
> >the FAQ guide and Quick Tour ready in time.
> >

> I agree that focus at this time should be docs in good shape for Breezy,
> not infrastructure and tools.

+100