Ubuntu Docs deb package

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 01:43:08 UTC 2005

Hey All,

I started poking around at the package rules, since what is there now
doesn't currently work and also doesn't seem to apply to what our
current plans are (shipping HTML).

At first glance I think it would be best to model the ubuntu-docs
package after the kubuntu-docs package. So I took a first crack at
this and got a working package that pretty much does the same thing
that kubuntu-docs does.

A quick overview:

Package Name:
    ubuntu-docs_5.10-0.0_all.deb

Docs install location:
    /usr/share/doc/ubuntu-docs/HTML/en/*

Docs currently included in the package:
    About Ubuntu, Release Notes, and the FAQ Guide

I have not commited the updates yet as I would like to get everyones
opinion first. If this sounds ok to everyone just say the word and I
will commit the package changes. If you have any concerns,
suggestions, want to throw a beach ball at my head, etc... please let
me know :).

NOTE: Enricos stuff is still in there, I just commented it out since
its good stuff we may like/need to use later on.

Later,

Matt