Yelp and the FAQ Guide

Jeff Schering jeffschering at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 04:58:05 UTC 2005

On 8/5/05, Robert Stoffers <rstoffers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A recent update to Yelp in Horay at least has given it the ability to
> display qndaset tags properly without crashing. This is good, because it
> means we can ship the FAQ Guide in XML format for Breezy, which looks
> much nicer. There are a few layout tweaks I'm going to make now that XML
> is an option too, so stay tuned..

Hi Rob

I tried the FAQ guide in yelp. I found a couple of problems with the
way yelp handles qandasets:

1. It doesn't put the "Q:" in the right place. As a matter of fact, it
puts two "Q:"'s for each question. One is at the end of the question,
and the other is just below it, slightly overlapping the question.
Ugly.
2. It ignores xref's that point to qandaentry tags. This means that
there are many places where part of an answer has the word "Read" and
nothing else.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of yelp - according to
Ubuntu Update Manager my Hoary is up to date.

Yelp may not crash with qandasets, but sadly, it doesn't handle them
very well yet. :(

Cheers,
Jeff

--