Edubuntu Cookbook draft in documentation svn server

Mauricio Hernandez mhz.chile at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:57:37 UTC 2005

Jerome,

I am a big fan of "portability" and I know DockBook and XML can do
very much about it.

However, unfortunatelly that is not equivalent to collaborative
documenting because it forces you to SVN or similar, and hence lose
part my precious fan willingness.

Nevertheless, MoinMoin wiki is not yet fully portable (AFAIK, it does
accept XML as output, and therefore PDF) but it is fully funtional for
collaborative documenting :D

I know it may not look as KISS as other wikis but it is much more
powerfull when it comes to documenting.

With MoinMoin you may even be able to syncronize pages remotely!!!
(imagine the power of that for people who has unstable connection or
not broadband) or even install a set of pages of your choice (just
like packages).

Did I mention it also gives you the chance to get automatically
notifed when someone made changes to pages or sections you subscribed
to? :D

My vote, when it comes to documenting, it is 100% for MoinMoin.

Kindest regards,

MHZ