Edubuntu Cookbook draft in documentation svn server

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:02:38 UTC 2005

Hello Ubuntu-doc and Edubuntu,

I've already started porting the tuxlabs Cookbook for Edubuntu. It is
currently in the docteam svn in Docbook XML. First, I would like to
port the whole cookbook in its existing structure (tuxlabs-specific)
and give it back to tuxlabs in case there is no existing source format
(we don't really know at the moment, and we are still awaiting
response from the resource person, if I remember right, is currently
in Nigeria).

Second, after the port, comes the work to fit into edubuntu. This
would cover most of the technical stuff involved in setting up an
edubuntu lab. This will come later on, when we already have a working
system.

As much as possible, I would like to keep the source format in
docbook, as it gives us the greatest flexibility in publishing to
various formats. Although I would like to ask people, especially those
in the Edubuntu community to give suggestions on the best strategy on
breaking down the barrier of contribution not only for the cookbook,
but for other edubuntu-specific documentation that may arise.

I'll try to finish some stuff on the cookbook over the weekend and at
least have a proof of concept by then.

--
Cheers!

Jerome G.