Sec: Unclassified The FAQ Guide and LocalHelp

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:11:57 UTC 2005

> 1. Keep the existing licensing system we have now, discuss changes after Breezy.
>     -  There is only four contributors to the FAQ, two of us are willing to go with a GPL licence at some stage. That's 50% already.

Not just on the FAQ Guide, but all current docs being written.

> 2. Make the FAQ Guide the front page of Yelp
>     - The FAQ already covers most of the ground LocalHelp does and its already written

While we would like to have Ubuntu-specific documentation prominent on
the frontpage, let's not forget the existing upstream docs already
available in the distro. While this is purely an upstream issue, we
should not limit ourselves to Ubuntu, as we benefit very much from
output made by upstream. In all honesty, it needs love, but there is
still an open concern on us working on these docs already on the
distro or just work upstream (aside from the fact that not everyone of
us know how to fix this).

> 6. Talk about licence changes after Breezy.

+1, not just on the license change but the whole spec process as well.

--
Cheers!

Jerome G.