Specifications

Mary Gardiner mary-sounder at puzzling.org
Mon Apr 25 01:17:31 UTC 2005

Hey folks,

Just coming in live from Ubuntu Down Under ;)

It seems like the development team is moving a little bit towards a
specification model. There are lots of samples on the Ubuntu Down Under
wiki, see
http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/LaunchpadAndUbuntuCommunity as a random
example. They aren't terribly well-linked from the wiki front page, but
do some digging.

The idea seems to be that major proposals for development direction will
be created around these specifications, at least at conference time.
Hence, since we want to tie ourselves more closely to the development
process where possible, it might be worth trying to find specifications
relevant to use and tracking the specification.

I'm not sure how this is going to go after the conference: whether
discussion will continue to result in improved specifications or whether
it will move back to diffuse channels like IRC/bugzilla.

-Mary