Greetings to all

aareed aareed at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:55:50 UTC 2005

Greetings to the Ubuntu Documentation Team.

I'm a new Ubuntu user as of the Hoary release, and have been very
impressed by the project and the OS. Since I'm not much of a coder,
I'd love to help give back to the community by working with the
documentation team. Hopefully this is an appropriate place to
introduce myself.

What I bring to the table: excellent writing and editing skills. My
fiction has been published and I currently work part time writing for
a travel website. I have excellent general computer skills although I
am relatively new to Linux (Ubuntu is my third distro after futzing
with Mandrake and Red Hat in the past few years.) I've worked with
HTML and programming before and am comfortable (though not necessarily
happy) with the command line and related Linux concepts.

>From an overview of the wiki and recent list activity, it looks like
you guys are regrouping and taking care of administrative details in
the wake of the Hoary release. I'll probably lurk for a while to get
up to speed, although if anyone wants, feel free to contact me via the
list or private e-mail with questions or suggestions for projects to
work on.

Thanks--I'm looking forward to participating!

--Aaron A. Reed