Development monitoring (Re: Recent changes to Ubuntu)

Nick Loeve ubuntu at trickie.org
Fri Apr 8 00:05:11 UTC 2005

Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005, Nick Loeve wrote:
>
>> - Maybe a weekly round up of what is going on in the dev mailinglist,
>>   posted to the docteam list?
>> - I could maybe post back a summary of any dev changes/additions, in
>>   regards to how it would impact documentation, so that the developers
>>   get a chance to comment and make sure my interpretation is correct.
>>   This may help to raise awareness of how development decisions could
>>   impact on documentation. This could possibly also be weekly or
>>   bi-weekly.
>> - Possibly reviewing development change logs and summarising them from
>>   a dev team perspective? I do not currently know the best place to get
>>   this information though.
>

> It all sounds good: I guess the best way to test it out would be to just
> start doing it, and see what comes of it.

Right on! I will have a think about it a bit more, and try to discover
alternate ways of getting information (like changelogs etc) this
weekend. Then hopefully start the process next week.

As someone (sorry i can't remember who) also said i will start
monitoring kubuntu-devel.

> I would also like to see someone at the Technical Board meetings, and
> maybe at Community Council, although again I'm not volunteering (the
> next technical board meeting is at 4am Sydney time on a work day for
> me). Maybe the best thing to do for those is just to advertise them in
> #ubuntu-doc's topic so that people know to pop over if they want to.

Well that would be 4am Melbourne time also. Maybe we need someone in a
closer timezone to go to the meeting. I will try and make sure that
similar meetings or events are publicized to the doc team, and then we
can see who will be around at the time.

Cheers
trickie (Nick Loeve)