Recent changes to Ubuntu

matthew.east at breathe.com matthew.east at breathe.com
Thu Apr 7 07:33:55 UTC 2005

Matt Zimmerman writes:

> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:08:42AM -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
>
>> For me, knowledge is the most important thing.
>
> Certainly, but the question (workflow) is how to communicate this
> information effectively.
>
> For example, I think a good start would be to add an artwork deadline to the
> release schedule, and enforce it as we would a string freeze, allowing time
> for documentation updates.

That sounds like a good idea. I suppose the most important thing for us is
being informed about changes which affect our work. The last minute changes
are an example of this. Other examples are, as Mary said, when the wiki is
rolled back, or when new methods of translation are implemented (Rosetta).
The most important thing is to know about these things, so that we can try
and deal with it. A secondary thing would be to have some kind of input in
the decisions themselves, simply to ensure that the documentation
implications of decisions are taken into account, no more.