Recent changes to Ubuntu

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:08:42 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 11:54 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 07:28:18AM +0100, matthew.east at breathe.com wrote:
>
> > Just got up to read these emails. I support the idea fully. However I
> would
> > point out that not all last minute changes are necessarily implemented
> by
> > the development team as a whole. In terms of the artwork, I presume it
> was
> > just when it happened to be ready. In terms of the nautilus change, it
> > seems to have been a unilateral decision ;)
>
> Correct on both points.
>
> A deliberate effort was made to get the artwork sorted earlier in the
> release cycle, but deadlines were unfortunately missed. I regret if this
> has resulted in diminished satisfaction with the documentation.
>
> Artwork has turned out to be a source of more interdependencies than we
> anticipated. What can we do for the next release cycle to improve the
> workflow?
>
> --
> - mdz

For me, knowledge is the most important thing. To simply be officially
informed that artwork changes are coming, and what they are expected to
touch (login screen, theme, icons, etc.). This would allow us to plan when
to take the screenshots and when to wait. Ideally, feedback could also come
back from us, most especially with regards to timing. If the artwork slips
too much, then we run into a major crunch for time. Screenshots cannot be
easily translated, and thus must be taken by hand currently. I am not asking
for a veto, but just have a vote as a team when and if the slips happen.

Thoughts?

Corey