Recent changes to Ubuntu

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:56:35 UTC 2005

Hello All,

I am certain you have all noticed two recent changes to Ubuntu Hoary:

1. Change in Nautilus spatial
2. New artwork

While I agree with 2nd change and disagree with the 1st, the real issue here
is timing for our team.

1. The 1st change cannot be well documented, as we are already deep in
string freeze and translation. Thus people do not have a easy answer on how
to change it.

2. The 2nd means that all of our screenshots are out of date. To me, this
makes our docs, most especially our flagship Quickguide, look competely
unprofessional.

I am wondering if we, as a team, want to make a statement regarding these
last minutes changes.

Corey