docbook and revision control was Re: Gnome users manual (was: Ubuntu book)

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Oct 31 14:06:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 01:18:37PM -0500, John Hornbeck wrote:

> > > I would like to see us get something like this also.  Would cvs be good?
> > if we have a public cvs server (preferably one behind ssh) I would be
> > very happy to use that
> Me to.  We should ask for one, that is just for docs.

I imagine we could have more luch in asking for some arch repository
though, as arch is much more popular than cvs in the Ubuntu developers
community.[1]

Do we already have something to work on?  If you give me a tarball and a
list of committers, I will see what can be done.  I'll also add a
cvs->arch tutorial to the deal[2] :)

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] Generally, I'd say that whenever you'd ask for CVS, nowadays you
want to ask for subversion instead: it's an almost drop-in replacement
with lots of sanity added.  However, arch seems to be another step
forward, that ubuntu developers have made.
[2] At the moment, http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7604
but I can customize one to our specific situation (and maybe write a
wrapper script with presets for out case)
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>