Ubuntu Magazine [Was: On Ubuntu Marketing]

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Oct 28 18:35:12 UTC 2004

John Levin wrote:

> Hi Sparkes,
>
> It was Jono who wrote the review. Perhaps he was trying to downplay his
> evangelical zeal!

he is actually the most pragmatic of the lugradio it's me and Aq who are
(were in my case, I have retired from broadcasting and the next episode
is my last :-( ) the rabid debian users.  He's not actully as
evangelistic as he first appears ;-) although when compared to the
average linux user he is still pretty rabid.

> The only real criticism I have of the review is that it doesn't say what
> version it was - and whatever it was, it was certainly beta.

I'm gonna have to twat him in the morning ;-) or I might go and own his
wifi network given the fact that he is famous for his lack of security
knowledge among his mates ;-)  It also explains why he has been so quiet
since I mailed him about getting a copy.  I'll phone him really early in
the morning as he normally lives on hacker time and it really pisses him
off when people phone early on ;-)

> Still feel miffed about the doc comment - for one thing yelp is really
> buggy, and for another, if documentation is to be taken seriously, it
> should have been a higher priority and earlier.

yeah, it was a little early to have a swipe at the project given docs
weren't even mentioned on the sounder list for a loooonnnnggg time.

> Ah well, c'est la vie.

I'm still going around with the baseball bat, lol

> john
>
> www.ubuntulinux.org
> linux for humans

sparkes

--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"