room 101 suggestion

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Oct 28 05:59:35 UTC 2004

I would like to propose a room 101 on the wiki.

This is a place where all the workarounds go that we want to see dropped
off a cliff.

things that go in there should be attached to a bug report in bugzilla
and offer a workaround until the developers can get the problem fixed.
once the problem is fixed the work around is replaced with how to get
the new versions of the packages so the problem is no longer an issue.

This way we help the developers by not fighting against them and help
users by only offering workarounds until the real problem is fixed.

do people understand what I am proposing?  It's early and I had a bad
nights sleep ;-)

sparkes
--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"