I think we DESPERATLY need a grub/winXP newbie HowTo

Kevin Mulligan kevin at teamindecisive.com
Wed Oct 27 21:09:57 UTC 2004

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro which is pretty similar to XP, iirc. I got
Ubuntu to work just fine after doing some simple partitioning with the
Ubuntu installer, iirc it even asked me if I wanted to install over the
Windows MBR (master boot record) or to do something else. Thanks to
previous use with Linux and ruining my Windows install, I told it to not
write over the MBR and to do whatever the something else is.

I could do a writeup for 2k if needed... and I just ordered an IBM
laptop (T42 2378-FVU :-D) that comes with XP Pro, and could attempt an
install on it once it arrives.

--Kevin