A few things

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:44:46 UTC 2004

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:31:51 +0200, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:

> > 3. Where did this new wiki come from? I have no clue, I was not told
> > about it before hand.
>
> Me either, although I can see the reasons behind the move.

I also have no idea - could the culprit please make them selves known ;)

> > 5. Who is our leader?  I have been told one has not been apointed yet.
> > This I think is something that needs to be made or at least a group who
> > can semi make decisions.
>
> Well, we should also consider giving some thought about what do we need
> a leader for.  Sabdfl can already be a leader.  The Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct can be a very good leader.  Until we're a small group, at least.

I think we need to wait a bit if this needs deciding.  at the moment
consensus seems to be working.  I don't think people have been round
long enough for a decision to be made.  I would like to say something
like 'i nominate x cos he has been putting a lot of work in for the
last six months'.  My take on it is that the leader should be a
grafter - I find there are generally too many ideas people and not
enough grafters ;)

> > 7. Do we start adding things to the new wiki?  I personally am holding
> > off that way if something happens in this merge, I don't want my work
> > messed up.  I have also slowed on the old wiki due to the merge coming
> > and I don't want to keep adding and end up losing something.

I'me waiting for an announcement AND the content to be moved across.

> I wanted to do some mock-up on the faceted categorization index (as I
> wrote one or two days ago in the list), but I'm waiting for the new wiki
> to stabilize a bit, so that I can ask the wiki developers for some help
> with it.
>
> * enrico is struck by lightning
>
> I just realized that I don't need the wiki to do a mockup:
>
> http://www.enricozini.org/enrico/store/categ_proto.html

This is good - few points.

I think we need Application as  a topic.

I think we should merge Setup and Customize - I find the distinction
gray and not that useful.

Make graphics - Graphics/Drawing.

I do not think it should be a drop down list.  What Happens if I Want
to select two topics - I also don't really like the term topic - I
would like something very generic like tag or Category.

my .20c

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England