DocTeam write-up

Alexander Poslavsky alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 19:05:50 UTC 2004

Hi ben,list!

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:01:23 +0100, Ben Edwards (lists)
<lists at videonetwork.org> wrote:
> Having a number of sections on the front page and a number of sections
> on other key areas (such as DocumentationArea) would be good.  Also
> naming conventions such as *Howto, and *Intro would be good but cant see
> any real benefit of trying to design a wide and deep hierarchy (i'me not
> a bit fan of hierarchy's).  I think it is important to enable people to
> use free text search effectively.
the wiki does not have folders, all the pages are 'next to each other'
the only hierarchy i think is good is naming conventions and a couple
of good pages as frontpage(s)

wiki is wiki, it is supposed to be free, wiki-pro's do not use the
frontpages, they use RecentChanges, their favourite links and search.
The frontpages are for newbies and guests.

greets, AP