DocumentationArea proposal regarding languages

Alexander Poslavsky alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 19:57:40 UTC 2004

hi list!

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:02:30 +0100, sparkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:

> This means we have a total mess of links with every document needing
> links to existing translations, links to holding pages with no existing
> translations (so they can be added by internationalisation teams) which
> contains a link to google (or something else) to offer a machine
> translation as a starter.
>
> AND, we need the document tree and associated navigation translated in
> the way Ben suggests.
>
> Decisions made now need to be easy to build on in the future but not
> take too much time out of the actual creation of docs.
>
> It's now time to reveal that I work as a web developer and understand
> python so I am not adverse to helping mod the wiki code and help Simon(?
> I think) with adding any features to zwiki that will help our docs do
> this kind of thing.
neat! this would be a clear winner. Zwiki does have html edit-mode so
some things are possible.

I'm very excited how all this will work out.

About the SpanishHowto names, we need input from foreign users, what
do they want? I for one would not like a dutch name:
HoeMoetDatCdBranden looks horrible and russian is not possible at all
КакДелятьКдИбсеЧтоТа. We need somebody to sort this out...

греетс, АП