DocumentationArea proposal regarding languages

Ben Edwards ben at serverone.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 19:17:10 UTC 2004

I propose that rather than having all the documents listed in all the
languages on the Documentation we do the following.

Very near the top of the DocumentationArea we have all the different
languages listed Horizontally.  Each Language will then have a link to
there own page.  This 'language navbar' can also be included on the
front page.

This will stop the DocumentationArea getting out of control and enable a
central focus for Each language.

It would also be good for each page to have the language in the begining
of there title but I don't want to get into this too mutch as it would
mean renaming all English pages;) - however I think this would be a very
good thing to aim for.

I also noticed the Spanish pages start Spanish rather then Espanola -
not really for me to say as I am a ignorant englishman (i.e. I don't
speak any other languages) but it seems sensible for the Native
'spelling' of the language to be used rather than the English one.  Now
all we need is for someone to take on the Basque translation ;)

Ben
--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
If you have a problem sending me email use this link