italian project

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Nov 16 15:29:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:09:44PM +0100, andrea wrote:

> <cenerentola> we HAVE the need of supporting REAL, NEVER HEARD OF,
> computer-HOMINIDES
> <cenerentola> a framework for producing hominid-proof how-tos:
> machine [and if the hominides read an howto where dpkg is used, this is
> what do you think?
> this is not the whole thing but im waiting for youre replies... for a
> deeper description.

Well, I suggest you have another read at the Ubuntu Code of Conduct[1],
which is be the founding document for every initiative happening here.

One of the first points in that code of conduct is "Be respectful" and
it especially says "We expect members of the Ubuntu community to be
respectful when dealing with other contributors as well as with people
outside the Ubuntu project, and with users of Ubuntu.".

Besides that being how everone works and likes to work here, as a user I
don't want to read documentation written by someone that considers me to
be less than human.

If you want to see some possible better ways of thinking about users,
you can find something at: http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/StagesOfUse

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/conduct/document_view