art pages. input needed.

Alexander Poslavsky alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 21:22:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 03:23:47 -0500, volvoguy <volvoguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok folks, I got a little of the work done that I was talking about.
> Two pages created - one on the main website and one on the wiki:
>
> https://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/artwork/
>
> https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/CommunityArtwork
>
> The idea is that the page on the main site points to the "big" Linux
> art sites, and also to the existing art pages in the wiki. It's the
> wiki pages that I need some suggestions on.
>
> What makes sense to ME is that the original art page* just contain the
> basic logos (in various formats) and color palettes. Kind of like an
> "official branding" page.
>
> * https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/Artwork
>
> Then the "Community Artwork" page would contain artist names and
> websites, and any user-created artwork. Unless we've figured out a way
> to do image thumbnails that link to larger images, it would be nice if
> the actual graphics on the page were below the text, as not to obscure
> it.
>
> Does that make any sense? Thoughts? Comments?
>
> Also, for the life of me I can't find a stinkin' reference page for
> the different types of markup we can use on the wiki (and on the main
> site for that matter). Ideally I'm looking for something like this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page

The artpages-idea looks good, the helppage is here:

https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocumentHowto

this page is (not yet) as good as the wikipedia-page, feel free to
make suggestions or critisise, so we can improve it

See you on the list or in #ubuntu-doc,

greetings, Alexander Poslavsky Ubuntu Documentation Team