artwork references (don't worry - no controversy!)

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:49:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:32:15 +0200, Sivan Green <sivan at piware.de> wrote:

> Well, yeah, just make sure you do in a separate page or on such which do
> not count for the larger community, before approval :)

So... I shouldn't put pictures of my girlfriend on the front page? ;-)

> Yey! I am also standards addict, would love to master XHTML and CSS -
> would you care to provide me with some insights or links? (and I don't
> mean the XHTML spec and w3c :))

Actually, that's where I did most of my learning. Of course when I
started, there were like four tags. :-) If you're a newbie to
XHTML/CSS, the W3C has an educational website that is much easier to
digest than the specs:

http://www.w3schools.com/

Jeffery Zeldman is one of my heroes. His webpage (www.zeldman.com)
doesn't have much technical stuff on it, but he's in charge of "A List
Apart", which is an AWESOME resource with lots of articles:

http://www.alistapart.com/

For those not familiar with "Web Standards", this is a good place to
get basic info:

http://www.webstandards.org/

I can't think of any other specific examples, but in the links section
of my homepage, there are a lot of good links. Most of them have
something to do with standards, XHTML or CSS:

http://www.volvoguy.net/links.php

And lastly, just because I love it, I'm going to mention the
"webdeveloper" extension for Firefox. I haven't found any *specific*
uses for it on the Ubuntu site or wiki yet, but they'll come - I'm
sure. :-) It's good for checking the pages after they've been edited -
you can highlight different elements, display image dimensions,
temporarily change CSS (live!) - all kinds of fun stuff!

http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/

> Well, I can only wish you the best and may you get well sooner then
> expected :)

Thanks! Ubuntu has been a really good thing to get my mind off my
pain, so I'm happy. You can't get addicted to Ubuntu like you can pain
killers can you? hehe. :-)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu