#ubuntu-doc report for 2004-12-27

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Dec 28 04:24:48 UTC 2004

#ubuntu-doc report for 2004-12-24

* Repository reorganization

Enrico reorganized the repository as suggested by Sean into a
traditional trunk/, branches/ and tags/ subversion repository;
ChrisH asked some informations on how this is supposed to work: tags and
branches used to be scary with CVS.

Turns out that trunk/, branches/ and tags/ are just directories

* Proposing changes to the docteam organization

After yet another proposal of change to how the docteam works, Enrico
set up the page https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocumentationTeamWishList
in the wiki, where everyone can put up their proposals so that we can
find them when we'll decide we need to reorganize ourselves.  (which
won't happen until the first document will be finished:
  http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2004-December/000736.html)

* What to recycle from the wiki?

froud asked what we could recycle from the wiki.  Enrico said that there
may be something useful for the quick guide under:
  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/ApplicationHowTos
however, given that the Quick Guide is an introduction and those are
HOWTOs, it may be that they would need so much reorganization that it's
easier to just write from scratch.

Probably, the best option is to just start writing, keeping related wiki
pages on one side just for referencing and inspiration.

* How to get the entire wiki sources in one go?

froud asked how to get the entire wiki sources in one go, so that one
can try some processing at home.  We had no ideas, and concluded it's
probably impossible.  If someone knows more, please tell us.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>