Quick Guide - Proposal

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sat Dec 25 09:17:55 UTC 2004

On Saturday 25 December 2004 10:22, Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 09:28:34PM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:
> > I noticed that many of the files in parts/ have the same content as those
> > in quickguide/
>
> Not really - unless I'm completely blind. The User Guide is a handbook
> describing what can be done how. The Quick Guide is a list of
> applications and menu items which a fixed (short) text what they do. I
> don't see where we can possible save files.

Hello Chris,

Merry xmas. Yes I see this. The main difference in the quickguide is
Applications/ but this is a really small difference.

I would put the quickguide into the user guide and profile it. But then that's
only me.

Perhaps once I have fixed all the broken stuff in the userguide and it is
merged back to trunk, then I will branch and make a demo so people can
evaluate.

> Only thing is that - because of the lack of other repositories - the
> Quick Guide has been started inside the User guide repository. But it
> should be seperated.

I think it is good to keep it all in one repos.

> > I propose:
> > 1. Merging differences into the User Guide.
>
> ?
>
> > If the team agrees I will proceed.
>
> Not yet... at least I'm confused. :)

:-) to much Brandy in the xmas pudd *:-)*

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author
sean at inwords.co.za