Recap of current situation with the repository for DocBook work

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Dec 15 17:09:17 UTC 2004

Hello,

just to clear out the mess a bit, I'm posting a recap of the current
situation with the revision control repository.  Basically, nothing has
changed since the BOF, so I'll recap those ideas again:

  We keep working on subversion.  The svn repository is still at
  http://69.155.172.150/faq

  One day, a baz sandbox will show up somewhere so that people that are
  curious could try it out.

  Only once everyone would be happy with a svn->baz migration we could
  think about doing it, with proper scheduling.

The only new thing we had since the BOF is that Corey got wonderfully
active on the quickguide without a subversiona account, so since he is
at the Ubuntu conference he got a baz archive to do some revision
control.  However, getting his changes out of baz is non-trivial unless
one wants to learn some of baz.  For the moment, Corey has kindly
provided a tarball at http://arch.digital-scurf.org/guests/quickguide.tar.gz

I've already sent a mail to John asking for an account for Corey so that
he can work together with the rest of the team and people don't get
scared by baz before even seeing it :)

With last mail and this, we should be right on track: nothing really
changed, and we probably have some scar left from last wiki migration
that still hurts from time to time :)

Ciao,

Enrico

--