Current (rather sad) state of affairs

Alexander Poslavsky alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:32:30 UTC 2004

Hi guys,

at the moment things are kind of a mess, which is sad. We have to many
opinions and not enough consensus. Here I'll write what is my
understanding of what we agreed to do, please let me know what you
think and how we can get up to speed with working docs instead of
mails:

1. User guide, a long guide in depth in doc-book. This should be in
John's svn repo.
2. Man-pages, we need to update several man-pages so they reflect
Ubuntu and not Debian.
3. Quick-guide, a short guide 6000 words, more graphic then the User
guide but still translatable. Translators do not want too many
pictures as this is a pain to translate.

This is the base of what we should be working on.

Next to this we have the guide at: http://ubuntuguide.org/ ,that I
would like to port to docbook, because I think it is cool. This is not
(necessarily) a doc-team project, although we might add it later.

The quick-guide we should finish first as it is supposed to be shipped
on the hoary-cd and still needs to be translated.

I really do not like the current situation where we can no longer work
together since we have unreachable arch/baz repo's etc. I propose
going back with everything to John's svn repo as that worked.

I would like to see the following folders on John's server:

SVN/user-guide
SVN/quick-guide
SVN/man-pages
SVN/new-faq             (http://ubuntuguide.org/)   another name is
possible, whatever.

And then work there, together get stuff done.

I hope we can work this out and get back to work, now i go and have
another paracetamol

see ya!

AP