"How can I help?" (Re: Academic Involvement in Ubuntu)

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Dec 7 16:00:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:57:46PM +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:

> > > Maybe i'm all wrong, but I thought all you developers had loads of
> > > shrewd ideas and plans. :-)
> > We do. :-) What do you mean by this?
> I just thought there were more open tasks. I guess if someone would ask
> you (or the other developers) personally to help you with some of your
> projects, you'd be able to tell him at least n+1 things.

The problem is, I guess, that they have so many they don't know where to
start with :)

Are you more into coding, documentation or translation?

If you're into coding, you may want to have a look at the bounties or at
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/participate/
Fixing bug is a good start, and sending a patch is the best way to
introduce yourself to a developer.

If you are into translation or other culture-specific activity instead
you can check at http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/local for existing
resources or for how to create your own.

If you're into documentation, talk with me :)

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>