[ubuntu-dk] SliTaz GNU/Linux distribution - help of translating info on danish wikipedia

Kenneth Nielsen k.nielsen81 at gmail.com
Ons Mar 18 09:32:48 GMT 2009

2009/3/4 david ozura <davidozura at gmail.com>:
> Dear linux users from Denmark!

Hallo David

> My name is David, I am from Slovenia and I am one of the contributors of the
> quite new, fast and by users well accepted GNU/Linux distro called SliTaz.
>
> "SliTaz GNU/Linux is a mini distribution and live CD designed to run
> speedily on hardware with 128 MB of RAM. SliTaz uses BusyBox, a recent Linux
> kernel and GNU software. It boots with Syslinux and provides more than 200
> Linux commands, the lighttpd web server, SQLite database, rescue tools, IRC
> client, SSH client and server powered by Dropbear, X window system, JWM
> (Joe's Window Manager), gFTP, Geany IDE, Mozilla Firefox, AlsaPlayer,
> GParted, a sound file editor and more. The SliTaz ISO image fits on a less
> than 30 MB media and takes just 80 MB of hard disk space."
>
> Please see more info on: http://www.slitaz.org or
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slitaz
>
> Our slitaz community will be very happy if you can help us in translating (a
> part / main part) of SliTaz's English Wikipedia to danish language.

A large part of the Danish translation effort center around the
dansk at dansk-gruppen.dk mailinglist, so you will reach more translators
if you write to that.

That being said you might be in for a tough task. The thing is that
translator time, like anything else that is contributed on a volunteer
basis, is a limited resource, so translators seems to generally
prioritize their efforts according to that expected "half life" of the
text they are translating, so that means 1) software string, 2) in
program help strings, 3) wikis/webpages and 4) guides, in that order.
The only problem is that we just rarely get to number 3 and 4 on that
list and sometimes barely even 2. But you should try and write that
list and see, perhaps you will be lucky.

Another thing you might try is to write whatever mailing lists you
have associated with your distribution. It will probably be a lit
easier to find someone willing if he/she is already a user. If you do
find a translator that way you are more than welcome to refer the, to
dansk-gruppen for proofreading services.

Kind regards Kenneth Nielsen