Status of documentation

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at canonical.com
Fri May 20 16:33:30 UTC 2011

Hi Barry,

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 11:46 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> A couple of quick notes on UDD documentation.
>
> At UDS-O, we agreed that the current wiki documentation should be deleted,
> with pointers added to Daniel's Ubuntu Packaging Guide.  Even though the
> latter is currently only available via a temporary link, it's better not to
> have multiple versions of the UDD documentation floating around.
Thanks for removing those wiki pages, I guess you've already met Jorge's
quota for this cycle ;)

> This is now done.  When Daniel gets a permanent URL for the docs, I will of
> course update the links.  Here's the current URL:
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~dholbach/packaging-guide/html/knowledge-base.html
>
> This also means that if you want to make changes to the docs, you should
> branch the UPG's trunk and do a merge proposal.  The trunk is at
>
> lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide

> Any other suggestions for improving, reorganizing, or expanding on the
> UDD bits of the packaging guide documentation are welcome!
What releases of Ubuntu is the packaging guide aimed at? There are some
things in the documentation that are available in reasonably new
versions (Maverick, Natty) but the packaging guide still describes
alternatives for older releases.

Cheers,

Jelmer