Package branch freshness

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jul 20 00:12:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
> It would be good to get that rmadison into lptools or ubuntu-dev-tools
> - even a moderately hacky state would be useful.
>
> In general any feature that might conceivably have bad consequences or
> not be what people want probably ought to be behind a configuration
> option, and I think this is in that class.
>
> Please file a bug against lp saying this api call is slow enough to be
> a problem.

FWIW:
 - If its responding within 1 second consistently its within our
current performance goal
 - if its (ever) slower than 9 seconds it will timeout and fixing it
to be <9 will be a critical bug
 - if you want it faster outside these parameters, the best thing to
do is to use the stakeholders escalation process, or submit patches.

> I doubt API calls are being cached (even anonymously) but perhaps they are.

Nothing with an auth header gets cached.

-Rob