Making bzr commit more like debcommit

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 24 16:16:33 UTC 2011

On Jan 24, 2011, at 10:09 AM, Micah Gersten wrote:

>I actually wanted to add more features to debcommit like passing an
>author name.  It might be easier to try to standardize on debcommit so
>that it's portable across multiple VCSs.  Making bzr commit call
>--fixes also sounds good for those that strictly use bzr.

One of the reasons why I want to improve and recommend 'bzr commit' is that
when using UDD, bzr is your front-end for most of the work.  It seems jarring
to have to remember to switch to debcommit for a step.  Perhaps OTOH,
debcommit should be recommended everywhere, but then, that seems jarring to
someone used to using bzr.  (We already recommended dch but that doesn't seem
as bad because it doesn't really mirror a standard bzr command.)

-Barry