Making bzr commit more like debcommit

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 24 15:54:26 UTC 2011

We have 'bzr commit' and we have 'debcommit'.  Currently, the UDD guidelines
talk about both, but for consistency, I'd like to standardize on recommending
'bzr commit'.  One feature that debcommit has:

DEBCOMMIT(1)                                                     DEBCOMMIT(1)

NAME
       debcommit - commit changes to a package

VCS SPECIFIC FEATURES
       bzr If the changelog entry used for the commit message closes any bugs
           then --fixes options to "bzr commit" will be generated to
           associate the revision and the bugs.

I know we can just do 'bzr commit --fixes lp:12345', though I often forget to
do that until after my last commit, so I tend to add --unchanged, which leads
to an empty revision.

What do you think about making 'bzr commit' act more like debcommit when
there's a new debian/changelog entry?

-Barry