juju-izing udd

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at canonical.com
Thu Dec 22 12:36:58 UTC 2011

Am 22/12/11 08:11, schrieb Martin Pool:
> I'm going to try writing a Juju charm for the udd importer.
W00t!

> (time passes)
>
> Well, I did start, but I got bogged down in debugging why my lxc
> provider won't boot.  Details and tiny patches on the juju list (which
> you should join.)  If someone else wants to have a go, please do.
>
> Plan:
>  * it runs on Lucid, so we need a lucid charm
Is there actually a requirement to have it run on lucid? It might be
nicer to run it on oneiric, as various packages are more recent there.
>  * the importer ought to be checked out from the branch
>  * what other packages does it need? bzr, bzr-builder, ...

>  * where is it going to store its working state? on ebs?
Perhaps just a mount point? It seems there are a couple of providers of
that already.

>  * how does it get the secret keys to access Launchpad?
Perhaps they'll fit into the configuration for the service? I'm not sure
how public the data in there is though.

Cheers,

Jelmer