Moving udd to django

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Dec 10 23:20:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 7:19 AM, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 06:38:25 +1300, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>> It might be interesting - as a thought experiment if nothing else - to
>> consider failures a form of crash and upload them to a crash database
>> rather than processing them inside udd - e.g. toss them out over amqp.
>
> The current design is that it also uses them to avoid acting on that
> package until there is manual intervention.
>
> So it may be interesting to use oopses to communicate the problems and
> do analysis of them, but it won't avoid storing the data as well unless
> that model is changed.

I'm sure the data needs to be stored somewhere. If its in a crash
database, then you can ask 'has this crash been handled' where I guess
handled means flagging the crash signature in someway ('retry', 'bug
X', ..). The poential benefit I see is one less place writing fault
aggregation heuristics.

-Rob