Terminating the append_revisions_only experiment, for now

Max Bowsher _ at maxb.eu
Mon Aug 22 18:05:56 UTC 2011

We currently have 97 packages failing with AppendRevisionsOnlyViolation
- that's around a sixth of all failures.

I think we should roll back the change to the importer to set
append_revisions_only on UDD branches, and make the importer clear the
flag when doing its own pushes to Launchpad.

It feels clear to me that what seemed like an obvious win at the time of
introduction has revealed lots of interesting and unexpected edge cases.
I think we can serve UDD best by getting these imports working again how
they were before, since time has shown that we don't have a quick fix
compatible with retaining the append_revisions_only behaviour.

Max.