UDD stakeholders

Barry Warsaw barry at canonical.com
Fri Sep 17 21:42:46 BST 2010

Hi everyone,

One of the things I'm personally very keen on for the Natty cycle is pushing
the UDD effort forward.  We've identified a number of stakeholders in Bazaar,
Launchpad, Linaro, and Platform that will be spending effort on this over the
next cycle.  We're looking to improve the technology and processes, as well as
educate and evangelize so that more Ubuntu developers know about UDD, try it
out, help improve it, and ultimately adopt it.

The stakeholders are really no more than people who have expertise in a
particular area, and enthusiastic interest in driving UDD forward.  We of
course would love for you to be involved as well!

To that goal, I've been doing some wiki gardening on these pages:

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment

and will continue to do so.  We're going to have regular bi-weekly meetings on
#ubuntu-meeting for the stakeholders, and of course you are welcome to join
us.  See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment/Meetings for details.
Our first meeting will be on September 22nd at 2200 UTC (there will be a time
change after the first meeting to better align with Australian DST).

Here's the tentative agenda for our first meeting:

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment/20100922

I am also planning on having at least two sessions at UDS-N, one to mostly
introduce users to UDD, and another to plan development work.  Suggestions are
of course welcome (to me or to the list).

Cheers,
-Barry